Assuring the quality of engineering and science education
- Enhancing the industry-academia-government collaboration and providing practical training and education will help assure the quality of engineering and science education.
Fostering human resources
- The quality of engineering and science education will develop global engineers.
- Innovations will be brought by global engineers who work efficiently anywhere in the world.
Enforcing industry competitiveness
- Industry competitiveness will be enhanced by innovations that have been created by global engineers.
Article 1 (Name)
The name of the Association shall be the “Global Technology Initiative Consortium” (hereafter termed “The Association”).
Article 2 (Objectives)
The Association is founded to:
Enhance the pace of quality education, nurture and supply human resources, create an innovative culture, and strengthen industrial competitiveness. To realize these objectives, the Association will highlight international collaborations between universities and companies based in Southeast Asia, facilitate discussions on industrial on-site issues and social issues, including environmental concerns and disaster prevention measures arising from global project based learning (PBL) and international collaborative research studies.
Article 3 (Business Year and Financial Year)
The business and financial year for the Association shall start on 1st April and end on 31st March the following year.
Article 4 (Activities)）
The Association shall encompass the following activities based on the self-motivation of its members.
- Undertake global project based learning
- Promote international exchange programs involving faculty members and students
- Conduct global internships
- Instigate international research collaborations
- Participate in inter-governmental projects
- Organize symposiums
- Undertake business projects necessary to realize other objectives
Article 5 (Membership and President)
The Members of the Association shall be corporations, who support Association objectives, with approval from the appointed Management Committee, established in Article 9 (hereafter termed Management Committee). The President of Shibaura Institute of Technology shall be entitled to the immediate representative of the Association (President).
Article 6 (Joining, Exiting and Being Dismissed by the Association)
- Anyone applying for membership of the Association should complete and submit the relevant membership form, issued separately, to the administrative office of the Association (hereafter termed Administrative Office) and also seek approval from the Management Committee.
- Anyone applying for membership should understands and supports the vision of the GTI Consortium, and also has a corporate body (enterprise, university, organization, institution, etc.) Applying by the department or the unit of those organization is also admitted.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, with the consent of the steering committee, membership of the Association shall be approved.
- Any member(s) wishing to exit the Association should request this in writing to the Management Committee.
- Any member(s) that defames the character of the Association or their conduct goes against the Association and its objectives can be dismissed by rulings made at the General Meeting.
Article 7 (Admission Charge and Annual Membership Fee)
The Association shall not charge its members an admission charge or an annual membership fee. However, costs incurred for individual activities specified in (1)~(7) in Article 4 may be collected based upon discussions between the parties concerned.
Article 8 (General Meeting)
- The General Meeting shall be attended by members specified in the Article 5 and requires more than half of the full members to attend, which includes presence by proxy.
- The General Meeting shall not be held on a regular basis, but is convened as required by the President.
- In addition to 2, the General Meeting shall be held by requests from more than 1⁄4 of its members.
- An announcement of the General Meeting shall be made by either letter or by e-mail as deemed appropriate.
- The President will preside over the General Meeting, but can also nominate a representative chairperson.
- The proceedings of the General Meeting shall be certified by approval of more than half of the members in attendance. The President shall cast the deciding vote.
- Despite the above-mentioned article regulations, the decision of dismissing members shall be made by a simple majority vote (more than 2/3) of the full members of the Association.
- The General Meeting will discuss and decide important agendas relating to other operations of the Association.
- The GTI Consortium Administrative Office shall keep a record of minutes of the General Meeting proceedings.
Article 9 (Management Committee)
- The Association shall be run by its Management Committee who is entitled to act as decision makers in everyday execution of operations.
- The President shall nominate the Management Committee. The persons who accept their nominations are then entitled to execute their duties.
- The Management Committee shall serve for a minimum term of two years with effect from assignment date and may be re-elected.
- If Management Committee members leave during their term, a new Management Committee member shall be appointed to succeed their duties for the remainder of the term.
Article 10 (Administrative Office)
The Administration Office is established at the Division of SGU Initiatives, Shibaura Institute of Technology (3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo) and will undertake all administrative duties related to the Association.
Article 11 (Intellectual Property)
The intellectual property generated from the activities of the Association (copyright, right of publicity etc.) should belong to the contributors as matter of principle. This is however not the case when individual agreements are made between parties.
Article 12 (Miscellaneous Rules)
Management Committee may separately decide other issues relating to the operation of the Association in addition to the issues specified in this constitution.
- This Constitution is enforced and applies from 1st of December 2015.
- The revised version which Article 6 3 is added and 4 and 5 have been changed from the original, is enforced and applies from December 19, 2016.